We have been working with the Umbraco CMS for over 12 years now and seen a lot of changes in that time.
One of the things that never ceases to amaze is what Umbraco can do for your business. It’s not just a website CMS platform, it is so much more.
Here we go into a few of the key areas that really make it work for you and hopefully this will allow you to make a more informed decision about utilising it in your business.
It’s a great Content Management System, here's our reasons why
- Umbraco is a very flexible CMS - the back office is pre-built with Content, Media and Security features out of the box.
Managing your media is easy
- It allows you to manage your media in a sensible folder structure (unlike say Wordpress where it’s just a mass of images to sort through).
- Image management - we can create specific image sizes to use across various parts of the website, all from one original (which is untouched!)
- Media is cached so when displaying to the front end, is rapid fast - great performance as a result, all built in.
Easy to learn and use
- It is so easy to learn to use, as long as the developer building your site (i.e. simplepage.com), knows what they are doing (we have seen some very complex builds that make our eyes water usage wise!).
- It has sensible and adaptable workflows to make your job easier - want to pre-approve content, no problem, want to send to an approver before it goes live, no problem - all built in.
- There is a comprehensive audit and rollback mechanism in case you need to go back to previous versions
Editor friendly CMS
- Editors will love it - the Umbraco editing experience is very intuitive.
- You can preview your content across multiple viewports i.e. phone, tablet, desktop etc
- Content Scheduling - Umbraco has a built in scheduler so you can publish, and unpublish content which is time sensitive with ease
SEO and Performance
- Because Umbraco does not force you to use a specific framework (looking at you Wordpress and your code bloat!), the front end performance of the websites are super optimised.
- From a technical point of view, SEO is very easy to optimise on an Umbraco website ensuring maximum performance
- Need additional SEO properties, no problem, Umbraco can do that for you
Multi-lingual website? No problem
- Multiple languages? Of course, Umbraco has this built in out of the box so it’s very easy to create language variations, even from one set of content nodes if you prefer?
- From a technical point of view, Umbraco can be integrated with pretty much any external website or service that exposes an API to hook into.
- Examples of integrations we have done include Salesforce, Hubspot, Zapier, V1 Systems, Sendgrid, Cloudflare, ZOOM, Intrado, SCORM and many more
How do you find out more?
Simon Antony Ltd (company behind Simplepage.com) is a former Umbraco Gold Partner, now an Umbraco Registered Partner and has Umbraco Master developers on the payroll. We won’t give you what you don’t need so can be sure your costs are kept in check.
We are also the first point of contact for a number of Website Agencies around the world on a consultancy basis and often are called to build other agencies' client websites in Umbraco.
If you want to investigate further and see how we can help you, please contact us via [email protected] or complete our discovery form